Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How Learning Works - The Beginning...

I was very excited to be invited by Andria Stokes into an Avila University book study. The book we are looking at is How Learning Works: 7 Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching by Ambrose, Bridges, Lovett, DiPietro, and Norman.

As an instructional designer, I know that learning theory should be considered in curriculum design, and as a part-time Advantage faculty member, understanding how students learn (especially adult learners) is important to me so that I can provide the best learning possible in my undergraduate and graduate leadership courses.

I plan to use this blog for reflections on the 7 research-based principles and how these apply in the design of my leadership courses and how I give instruction and facilitation especially in my online formats. I look forward to knowledge sharing with everyone in the book study group!

No comments:

Post a Comment